Wednesday 4 June 2014

EOUC Meeting


I have before explained how user groups have their own communities umbrella group IOUC which is hosted by Oracle and UKOUG are members of both this international group and the EMEA chapter EOUC.

The annual IOUC event is normally in January each year but this year it was decided that from the up coming Oracle Open World it would be held the week before, allowing delegates to attend both the IOUC & OOW in one trip. I understand the logic of this but on a personal note I will be unable to attend IOUC as it now clashes with the ACE Director briefings I am committed to.

Fiona Martin and James will hopefully be representing UKOUG this September and as this will be Fiona's first we thought it important that she attend the EOUC meeting in Sofia just passed at the end of May and here is Fiona's account

Fiona explains the highlights and things covered so I have no need to repeat but I would say we got a fantastic response to the 3 initiatives we shared. Our Next Generation, WIT and the recent LMS event.

 
Sofia was beautiful and before dinner the local user group arranged a walking tour around the city. I loved it so much I am back next week for their conference.

No comments: