Sunday 24 April 2016

C16LV - Oracle ACE Community



This was the first big event since Vikki Lira left the OTN team so it was a little sad, although we haven't lost Vikki she has gone to the User Experience Team and I do so much with that team I expect to do even more with Vikki.

I actually flew to Vegas via San Francisco (don't ask) and Jennifer who looks after us ACEs was on the same flight, so I felt 'on duty' from the word go. 

There was a wonderful ACE dinner on Monday night hosted by Roland Smart who runs OTN and a great chance to catch up with friends old and new.

Michelle Malcher doing her interview with Laura Ramsay
On Tuesday after the WIT session, Laura Ramsay interviewed me for her OTN video collection, and that will appear on the youtube channel in due course. I talk about Cloud Readiness. Over the last 18 months the PaaS stable has gone from 2 products to over 32 and people ask if it is ready, can Oracle cope, is it stable etc? I don't know all the answers, but I can tell you as someone who has worked in Cloud Apps for over 3 years that they work. Yes there have been challenges but all have been overcome and the continuous innovation really does mean you can get the most out of your investment all the time. Oracle do need to ensure that as they scale out the customers the Cloud Service function scales as well but I am confident they can do it, after all they have bet everything on this.

On Monday I did an interview with IT Central Station, who Wall Street Journal calls 'The Yelp for Enterprise Technology' and I look forward to that too being posting.

This wasn't an ACE event, but thank you OTN for all your support and looking forward to the Cloud event in June.



Back to main #C16LV Blog











No comments: